I started to play with Modifiers in blender and meshmixer trying to understand the programmes better. I came across one modifier which was called “wireframe”. what i started to produce was solid wireframes of 3d models. in both programmes.
though i was successful in achieving the look. these files were so intesive to process. my computer could not keep up. i was producing heavy 700mb STL files for a bunny…
it wasnt working i was going wrong somewhere, i tried to print it with little success.
so i moved on to trying blender.
it went interesting to begin…
had some interesting failures and broken models.
i downloaded a rough vase model, just for tests.
playing with the decimation modifier, and the bevel and wireframe modifiers. i produced a model that i was hoping to make printable.
But no luck.
Still failing prints, getting no where.
i had many intersecting triangles and overlapping geometry, the programme took care of many of the faults and Then i had to go in and change parts by hand.
Nope. still wont print on the replicators.
ok one more go, on the ultimakers this time…
This was important because now i know i can do it! this is proof i wasn’t wasting my time. it took a while but i got there.