Cleaning up Scans

Before the term concluded I took some scans or myself and Amber, needless to say i wasn’t impressed with the scanner. Photogrammetry with my iPhone did a comparable if not better job. but at least its a touch quicker (when it works).

we had many attempts at scans, and we got one or 2 that were good, firstly Ambers was not bad except that she was missing her ear lobe and doesn’t have a back. and there was some extra fluff around the edges.

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 13.28.04

I took the model into zbrush and mesh mixer and started to repair them.

What i like about mesh mixer is the fact i can simply highlight something and just change that highlighted piece instantly or even remove it and fill the space, no faff. other programmes make you jump through hoops to that simple task.

Ive cleaned her up, and ive given her a new ear as well. ive also smoothed some bits out. i think it still needs work though, i want to sculpt the eyes better and improve the hair.

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 13.32.43

im still in the process of re-sculpting the back, i will update when Ive finished.

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s