In looking at how to get my work ‘out there’ the ceramics biennial seemed like a good fit for my work, At the very least i lose nothing by trying. The British ceramics Biennial takes place in stoke on trent on September 26th to November 8th 2015, it is currently in its 4th year, and I believe it will a good opportunity to get my work noticed, and in a good public space, I shall hold off applying until I have resolved any issues with my lustres for my work, i have until July 6th to get my application in, so that will be my task as soon as my lustre issues are resolved.
What is FRESH?
- A curated survey exhibition of new ceramic work by recent graduates from UK Higher Education programmes.
- Organised by the British Ceramics Biennial BCB and the National Association of Ceramics in Higher Education (NACHE).
Venue: BCB Exhibition Space, the original Spode factory site, Stoke Town, Stoke-on-Trent.
- Promote the high quality work of graduates to a professional and public audience through a combination of visitors to the show, symposium, journal articles and reviews.
- Represent the range of practice of graduates within the field, which is anticipated to include work from across the ceramic spectrum: studio pottery, tableware and industrial design, figurative and abstract sculpture and installation.
- Provide an invaluable launch pad for the exhibitors as they embark on their professional careers.
- Award commendations for three exhibitors demonstrating talent and professional potential in the disciplines of craft, design and fine art.