Press Print To Make
Ingrid sent me a brief that the BCB were doing to have some 3d printed ceramics done with a new experimental ceramic, powder at the festival by Michael Eden. I submitted my design and was told it would be put into the build.
I got an update from Michael and he sent over a picture, as well as updated his blog.
The material looks like it has no striations or flaws typical of extruder printers, which is a great step forward for ceramic printing. These are pre bisque so are in a green state.
I have been told i will be further updated when they have been bisque fired. EXCITED!
My first proper exhibition! Very excited, I traveled down to dartmouth for the opening, my work seemed to be getting a good response.
My work featured at the top.
With my wax faces cast, I need to polish and clean them up. I worked on them, grinding the edges on a wheel until it was smooth and even.
I ground at the backs of the faces, because they didn’t have a clean fit to the ceramic. I worked them pretty hard the faces lost quite a bit of weight which was beneficial.
I sand blasted the pieces and filed the facets, to refine them. Next was to patina them. I did consider polishing them to a shine. But I thought a patina would work nicely with the bronze colouring.
The results after polishing with some steel wool.